The Easiest Pumpkin Painting Idea
Halloween is almost upon us and we’ve got a FUN and easy project for you that you can try within the next few days! The other day I came across some fantastic Halloween decoration ideas on Pinterest and decided to try out something on my own. If you are a fan of The Nightmare Before Christmas this pumpkin will look very familiar to you. That’s right, it’s Jack Skellington!
What you need:
- A beautifully smooth pumpkin
- White acrylic paint
- Black acrylic paint
- Large paint brush
- Medium sized paint brush
- Fine paint brush
- Paper plate for paint colors
- Cup of water
What to do:
1. Set your pumpkin on your paper plate
2. With your large brush, paint your entire pumpkin white and let it dry for a few minutes
3. Go back over your pumpkin with the medium sized brush to even out the streaks. I only used 2 layers on my pumpkin.
4. Take your medium sized brush and wash it thoroughly
5. Dip your medium brush in the black paint and draw the “eyes” near the top of the pumpkin. Outline the shape and then fill it in.
6. Clean up the eye lines with your fine brush.
7. Take a fine brush with black ink and draw the nose holes close to the eyes making sure to keep them small!
8. Finally, take a fine brush and draw the shape of the smile carefully. Draw lines across the mouth once it has been completed!
This Halloween pumpkin painting project is a simple one but will definitely get a lot of compliments!
If you liked this idea you can find more ideas by “Liking” our Facebook page. Also, be sure to check out our Pinterest and Instagram. Keep crafting!
The Scrapbooking Store Team