Spooky October Scrapbook Layout
October is one of our favorite months! Pumpkin carvings, haunted houses, a spooky holiday, and the beautiful change in weather are just some of the reasons why we love this month. We created our very own October scrapbook layout using this month’s kit. Want to learn more about our monthly scrapbooking subscription? It’s easy to sign up, just head to our website to get started!
What’s included in this month’s kit?
- Premium Quality Paper
- Matching 6×12 cutout sheet
- Twelve Premium 12×12 Double Sided Pages
- Green Alpha Sticker Sheet
- Upgrade: Spooky Chipboard, 32 pcs
- Upgrade: Alpha Foil 3 Sheets, 192 pcs
- Upgrade: Boutique Tangerine Border Trims, 7 pcs
- Some substitutions may occur
We created a special spooky layout using October’s Spooktacular kit which includes 12 premium double-sided patterned papers, a matching cutout sheet, and a green alpha sticker sheet.
This month I was able to sit down and actually create my own creepy layout using the papers and cutouts from this kit. Personally, I absolutely love Halloween, so this kit is doing me all kinds of favors by providing a cutout sheet that adds a sinister touch to the page. I had a blast spending time creating this layout and am so excited for you all to create your own October themed layout!
Instructions for Creating this Spooky Layout
In order to make this page, make sure to have all of the necessary supplies handy:
- Our October Spooktacular Kit
- Black card stock
- White paper
- Alpha stickers
- A Straight Edge Paper Trimmer Find one here
- A pair of nice scissors
- Some form of double-sided tape
- I like to use the Glue Dots dispenser when making a layout because of the convenience of being able to remove the element and placing it somewhere else. As scrapbookers know, we’re always moving stuff around!
1. Use green cobwebs SPK001 page as the base and lay it flat on your table.
2. Take the patterned plaid purple paper and set it on top of the green page
3. Draw straight lines diagonally across the page from the upper lefthand corner to the bottom righthand corner using a straight-edged ruler or paper
4. Using a circular paper punch, punch circles from the patterned papers of your choice and cut them exactly in half using your paper trimmer.
5. Arrange the cut out plaid purple paper and the semi-circles on the page as seen below. Using your double-sided tape or glue dots, set these semi-circles and large plaid purple element on the page.
7. Take a plain white sheet of paper (it can be a scrap of a previous page you might have used), and place/set your picture on the white paper with a 1/8″ border. Trim the white page around the picture.
8. Place the matted white picture on top of the plain yellow sheet included in the kit, and mat the picture once more, this time with a 3/8″ border.
9. Draw and cut out hearts from both a plain black cardstock and the orange swirly page included in your Spooktacular kit
10. Mat your All Hallow’s Eve cut-out on black cardstock paper
11. Using a small white strip of paper equivalent to the length of your picture, paste it on top of the polka dotted paper
12. Using large alpha stickers, paste the word “SPOOK” on the small white strip of paper. If you don’t have extra alpha stickers, use the alpha stickers included in the set, OR draw them in with a sharpie. If you are an upgraded member, you also have the option to the black stickers that come in the amazing 3 sheet alpha sticker set.
14. Once all of the elements are arranged to your taste, start pasting them down!